As American as Apple Pie . . . This blog is all about finding products that are made in the USA so that I can support this country that I am proud to call home.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pregnancy survival

How to survive 3 days of walking/standing at least 9 hours straight each day while 6 months pregnant:

I didn't mention these things on my previous favorite items post so I thought I'd mention them now.  

1.  Camelback: this has been an awesome way to stay hydrated and hands-free whenever we are on the go.  It's especially helpful with toddler in tow and I often use it as a diaper bag for trips to the park, events, and more.  Throw in a rawvolution bar and I'm prepared for anything :)
2.  Support socks.  Recommended by a full-time nurse, purchased at a nurse scrubs store.  I believe these help keep my feet from swelling and my circulation in my legs flowing.  (Mine are even made in the US!)
3.  Sneakers.  You're pregnant.  No one should expect you to walk all day and be fashionable.  We like new balance b/c they have wide options, local stores, and some are made in the USA (not all).  
4.  Maternity support belt.  There are many brands out there, and I haven't tried any but one, but this is a huge helper on long days or long walks.  I always have problems with round ligament pain and wearing this belt helps prevent it.  Who can't use a little extra support for that heavy belly?

Tradeshow essentials:

No comments:

Post a Comment